Defining Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are the most devastating, life-changing and painful injuries possible. A car crash or a commercial truck wreck can cause injuries that you may never fully recover from. When that happens, you want to turn to an attorney you can put your faith in to fight for you.
At Holmes & Wiseley, P.C., we have extensive experience fighting for people who have suffered catastrophic injuries across Grand Rapids and the rest of the United States. We understand your struggles and that your challenges may be different from anyone else’s in the world. We stand with you and offer you all of our skills to pursue recovery.
Types Of Catastrophic Injuries
Not every accident can cause an injury severe enough to be catastrophic. Often catastrophic injuries arise from massive accidents and extreme circumstances, leading to:
- Traumatic brain injuries: These can leave a person in a coma, with long-term intellectual impairment and a lifetime of recovery.
- Spinal cord injuries: People with these injuries may have partial or total paralysis and may suffer through multiple surgeries and significant, extended medical care.
- Amputations: The loss of a limb can severely change how you interact with the world and even take away your ability to perform your job.
- Burns: Extensive burns are difficult to treat and leave intense scarring, and people with extensive burns may never fully recover.
- Hearing loss or blindness: Any accident that causes damage to your hearing or sight permanently changes your access to the world around you.
These injuries are potentially permanent conditions requiring ongoing accommodation or active treatment. Medical bills associated with such changes tend to get very large very fast, and insurers will pull out every stop to avoid them.
Here With You The Whole Way
At our firm, we devote our complete attention to our clients. We are willing to go as far as necessary to tell your story, to get your voice heard, to fight for what you deserve. If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury after a car accident or any other incident, contact us at 616-649-1411 or send us an email.