Skilled Trial Lawyers For

The Seriously Injured

Bikers Have Fewer Protections, Legally And Physically

Riding a motorcycle comes with many benefits, and most bikers would never give up riding their motorcycles even though it comes with several risks. This is especially true in Michigan, where the no-fault insurance laws that protect drivers of automobiles do not apply to motorcyclists. Though it seems strange, Michigan’s law does not define a motorcycle as a “motor vehicle” as the term applies to the no-fault statute. That leaves bikers more exposed, legally speaking. This is in addition to the risk of physical harm associated with riding a motorcycle. Thus, it is imperative for anyone involved in a motorcycle accident to seek the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer.

The attorneys of Holmes & Wiseley, P.C., have over 80 years of combined legal experience and are ready to help you with your motorcycle accident case. We understand the complex insurance laws and regulations surrounding motorcycle accidents in Michigan, as well as the serious injuries involved. We can help you understand what legal options you have and help you fight for any compensation you deserve.

What About Bicycles And Pedestrians?

Unfortunately, bicyclists and pedestrians are also at an increased risk of suffering severe injuries like traumatic brain injuries if a negligent driver hits them. Such drivers should be held accountable. So how does no-fault insurance apply in these situations? The negligent driver’s insurance will cover a bicyclist or pedestrian for the losses sustained. One may also be able to bring a personal injury claim against the negligent driver. Our experienced attorneys can help you navigate the complicated issues of insurance and proving negligence in these cases.

Don’t Wait To File Your Claim

Personal injury cases have statutes of limitation, which limit the amount of time you can take to file your claim. Contact us today to get started with a free consultation. Call our Grand Rapids office at 616-649-1411 or fill out our online form.